Back at FD today following a fun workout yesterday and a productive first session of the On-Ramp Program last night. We had 6 participants; Wayne, Stacey and her husband Rick, Michelle, Sherri and Penny. Over the next 4 weeks we’ll cover many of the movements used at CFCV followed by a WOD that incorporates the movements. After seeing how the participants from the first On-Ramp have done in their first few regular classes I am convinced of the merit of the Program. Even for experienced athletes the Program sets our standards of movement and expectations early, before transitioning to regular classes.
It was also good to see the return of several members that were occupied by the holiday season. I am looking forward to the new year and new challenges.
Some of the goals I have set for the coming year:
- Continue attending as many certs as possible. In the past I focused on CrossFit certs but this year I will branch out. Some of the things I want to pursue are Mobility and Recovery (already in the works), NSCM CSCS, Rippetoe’s Starting Strength cert and maybe the endurance cert.
- Develop a training staff so that I can spend more time away from the gym with the family.
- Update the web page and blogs so they are more professional looking.
- Expand the equipment resources.
- Continue studies in nutrition to develop strategies for recommending good practices.
- Develop and distribute a custom journal for members to track pr’s etc. with better ease of accessing the information.
- I would like to do a Paleo Challenge or a Freddy has instituted a Look Good Naked challenge. I think early spring would be a good time frame for that.
This is only a start as I have some improvements that I want to make personally in both my fitness and business practices but this list will suffice for now.
Penny has developed a punch card for those that may be interested. This has been requested in the past and it was a matter of finding the template and doing the computer work. The cards are $100.00 and are good for 11 drop ins for folks that have CrossFit experience or have completed our On-Ramp Program and don’t want to commit to monthly membership.
The burpee challenge is moving forward and today was day 5. If you want to participate and haven’t started yet, the buy in isn’t too difficult at this point. Just complete the burpees for the day count (ex. 5 for today, 4 for yesterday, 3 for the 3rd, 2 for the second and 1 for the first) and you’re in. I will get a list of the participants and post it next week on a white board and we will cross names off as they drop out. But I’m sure no one will drop out, right?