I have been working on a rowing seminar to be presented at our gym on Feb 11th. It is a 1 day program taught by the crew that does the training for Concept 2 and CrossFit. The cost is $225.00 and we need at least 10. At first I was very optimistic about filling the class and then some, but now I'm not so sure.
I plan on opening the workshop up to outsiders but will hold off until I get some commitments. If I don't get any commitments soon, I will scrap the whole idea.
Here is the info from their website:
Elements covered in the Indoor Rowing Foundations workshop include:
- The fundamentals of rowing workouts for group classes and individual rowing sessions – with opportunities to try them yourself!
- Proper technique for optimal rowing performance – and how to spot and correct common errors
- Using the rowing machine to reach peak performance faster
- How on-water rowers and coaches can adapt their experience to the diverse indoor rowing population
- Maintenance of the Concept2 indoor rowing machine and how to make it last a lifetime
- Program design and implementation: How tos and considerations
- Creating killer workouts and WODs using the Concept2 rower alone and in combination with the SkiErg and other equipment such as kettlebells
- Teaching tips for diverse populations of exercisers. Assisting the discovery of the athlete within
- Sustainability and marketing: Keeping the workouts fresh and your classes full
- Additional hands-on workouts that you can also take straight back to your facility!
Who should take these courses:
- Group exercise instructors
- Personal trainers
- Functional fitness coaches and enthusiasts (Kettlebell, CrossFit, boot camp, etc.)
- Fitness enthusiasts
- Home users
- On-water rowing coaches with indoor rowing programs
- k-12 teachers
- Fitness directors
- Medical fitness trainers
- Adaptive sports trainers
Course Fees: Indoor Rowing Foundations: $225
As usual we are not making any money off of hosting this event, we do it as a service to you.